We are one of the few female, black African-owned & run luxury travel companies, offering high-end and regenerative journeys in East Africa
We are on a mission to connect the conscious traveler with experiences, properties and organizations that allow them to truly experience Africa whilst aligning with their values. We achieve this by combining our unique blend of African heritage and expertise with regenerative travel.
Being born and bred in Africa, our team contributes many years of experience and deep knowledge of Africa's landscapes, wildlife and people. We offset all carbon emissions from our trips in their entirety and only work with enterprises that have been meticulously vetted by us and have a demonstrable impact on conservation and sustainable development. We will work with you from the outset to craft your perfect safari.
What Sets Us Apart
Born in a little village in the western part of Kenya, my passion for travel was born out of weekend trips with family to Kenya's national parks. Later, through my position managing a luxury camp in Kenya's Chyulu Hills I had the opportunity to travel more widely, guiding air safaris across Africa.
Too often, the hospitality industry fails to convert ecotourism credentials into tangible impacts on climate change, biodiversity conservation and sustainable livelihoods. My aim is to connect travellers with enterprises whose operations fulfill and surpass their commitment to sustainability. Africa Untamed was born to encourage regenerative travel to Africa.
We are guided by our values, which dictate how we operate our business and work with our guests and partners.
1. People. Our customers, partners and indigenous communities are at the heart of everything we do. We commit our expertise so that you can bring home unforgettable memories, and in doing so support those who are custodians of Africa's lands and seas.
2. The Environment. We are passionate about conserving this planet and the life it sustains. We endeavor to make sure that our activities (and therefore your trips) have as little impact on the planet as possible, whilst supporting restoration of Africa's ecosystems. Read more about our regenerative approach.
3. Integrity. We conduct our business to the highest standard of ethics, honesty and integrity. This means engaging with people in a way that is authentic and true. We treat our guests and partners as family, and follow through on our promises to them.
4. Communication. We endeavor to listen and communicate openly and honestly, so as to curate a journey that aligns with your needs and values.
5. Passion. Every day we apply our passion for exploration and conservation to serve our customers as best we can. We are experts in the countries we promote and share the same passion as you for travel.
We are fortunate to work with some incredible organizations. When on safari with Africa Untamed, you gain access to our incredible network of